Statement about Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
Dear customers and business partners,
In a very short time period, the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 has brought serious cuts to the social and economic life of every individual. Worldwide, we are concerned our society will be tested to the limit by the impact of a pandemic that has never occurred in our lifetime. To slow down the spread, nations around the world have initiated extreme restrictions on the movement of people, partially or completely closed their external borders and taken even more drastic measures, such as curfews.
Nabaltec AG has taken appropriate special measures with specific attention to the health of our employees and the delivery security for our customers:
- Our employees are encouraged to take the distance and hygiene measures recommended by the Robert Koch-Institut (RKI, www.rki.de) and the Federal Center for Health Education (Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung, BZgA). It is important to avoid gatherings of people and meetings, keep a minimum distance of 1.5 m, to clean hands regularly with soap, to avoid shaking hands and, if necessary, to cough or sneeze into the crook of the arm.
- If an employee comes into contact with a COVID-19 infected person, or has come, or is potentially infected, the authority (public health department) can quarantine this person for up to 14 days.
- External visitors, service providers, temporary workers or interns only have access to the factory premises when necessary.
- Personnel who come into direct contact with the carriers (dispatching or loading personnel) are informed, trained and protected accordingly. Protective materials such as breathing masks, disposable gloves and disinfectants are available and employees are encouraged to use these protective materials in a responsible manner.
- Business trips take place after careful consideration and in accordance with the valid travel and security instructions of the Federal Foreign Office or are preferably replaced by telephone or video conferences as well as email correspondence.
- If necessary, home workplaces are used or implemented.
- Vital departments (logistics, disposition, sales, accounting) for order processing are protected separately. In order to avoid a critical failure, individual workplaces were set up and a shift model developed.
- The Nabaltec crisis team is meeting on a regular basis to coordinate necessary actions according to internal guidelines as well as recommendations from national government and state government.
Despite all the restrictions, Nabaltec AG currently sees itself well prepared for the crisis. In addition to the measures mentioned to protect our employees, we are confident that we can maintain production operations based on customer requirements. Corresponding precautions have been taken:
- The raw material supply is secured.
- Our stockpiling was set up early in the event of a crisis.
All these measures serve to protect our greatest good, the employees and you, the customers and business partners.